Heyyy guys! Been going through an overwhelming week but todaaaaay, I thought I'd update and upgrade everything. As you can see my blog looks more me. Leave me some feedback and let me know what you think of the way I feng shui my space lol.
This blog post is going to be about the girl behind the blog,
So you can get to know a little about me and hopefully I get to know you too!
I thought it would be fun to do a blog tag with some questions and answers. This is called the 50 Random Questions Tags. I've seen youtubers do it and I thought "Hey! there has to be one for bloggers!". So after some searching I found this one, I thought would be interesting. Alright, let’s get started, shall we? :)
1. What is your best friend’s name?
I've got 2! Ck & Jaycee
2. Do you miss anyone right now?
Yes, a few people actually! My best friend, Ck (she just left 20minutes ago) and my Thithi (Sisi with a lips lol) Pamela they just spent the last week nursing me. I miss my mum too but shes on her way to Ireland to take over nurse duties and my monkey, Jaycee, he makes me want to catch a flight to America but Skype will do for now lol.
3. Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed?
Slightly opened, with the hall light on. Lol old habits die hard.
5. Ever been in love?
I thought so until I discovered the true definition of "love" and what it really looks and feels like. Illusion is a dangerous thing. So no, not yet any way lol.
6. Do you always smile for pictures?
No, thats one thing all my friends complain about lol, I'm actually kind of insecure about my smile( weird, I know).
7. Do you ever dance even if there is no music playing?
8. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Doctor to ballerina to actress then fashion designer to psychologist.
9. What is your song of the week?
pills & potions -Nicki Minaj , I really don't like the video though :/ and
break every chain- Tasha Cobbs
10. What are your favourite Disney tales?
Lion King And Cinderella !! Thee best! Lol
11. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
I can't answer that lol, I'm bound to have some one day so my lips are sealed.
Wait! Define treasure?
12. Heels or flats?
Hmmm. Jordan's and heels if I had things my way.
13. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Love and Basketball.
Jumping The Broom.
Think Like A Man.
Fast and furious(all of them).
14. Last person you kissed?
Gave mum a peck on the cheek at the airport
15. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Err nah! You good.
16. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
2 nights ago.
17. Can you change the oil on a car?
No but I'd definitely like to learn, I've always wanted to learn how to fix an old car from scratch.
18. Are you dating?
No, I'm not. I'm in the process of discovering my true essence and the kind of person I want to be, so I can be content with myself, even in the long run.
19. Describe your ideal proposal?
Lol, erm I actually don't know I've never really thought of that. Unique and romantic are the words that come to mind.
20. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
Yea I was from the age of 11-18, those were some of the best memories of my life.
21. How many languages can you speak?
Lol I speak English fluently, hint of French (a little practice would help), and I understand Zulu, Xhosa(South African) , Chichewa and Tumbuka (Malawian) to some degree.
22. Are you stubborn?
I don't think so, but thats something you'd have to ask my mum and best friends lol.
23. Ever watch soap operas?
Omg yea! Home & Away is just amazing!
Lily. My name is actually Lydia but when I was a little girl alot of my mum's friends called me "Lily of the valley" and the name just stuck.
25. Ever used a gun?
Nope and don't think I ever want to.
26. What 8 places would you like to visit?
Dubai, California, New York, Paris, Portugal, Australia, Bahamas & Kenya.
27. What are your 2 favourite apps on your phone?
Those have to be Instagram and tumblr! Without a doubt.
28. Does anyone know the password to your email address?
Nope no one. I changed it a few days ago lol.
29. Do you want any tattoos?
I have 1, my late big brother's name with 2 birds. 1 flying and another rising. Representing how he taught me to fly.
30. Any strange habits?
Lol yes they're all connected to my empathetic side. I don't know if they're strange really.
31. What’s the worst abuse you have done to your phone?
Probably being on it a little too much.
32. What ever happened with you and your first gf/bf?
Thats his story to tell lol.
33. How old do you think you will be when you have your first child?
I'll have to ask my husband that when he finds his way into my life, since it's not only up to me lol.
34. Are you a risk taker?
I'd like to think I am. Life is to be lived to the fullest although safely.
35. What happened the last time you cried? I came out of surgery and spoke to my mum on the phone and then a few minutes later my best friend walked into my hospital room just hearing their voices made me cry, even in my drowsy state lol. Such a baby I know.
36. Honestly, are things going the way you planned?
Yes, not in my timing but I'm happy with the fact they are.
37. What’s your worst habit?
Walking around the house without shoes and rarely with socks.
38. What’s your favorite thing about your gf/bf/crush?
I don't have one. So we'll get back to this when I do.
39. Have you ever bitten your toes nails?
40. Do you have any strange phobias?
Yes, I hate feet. When I was in boarding school my friends used to bring their feet to my face and creep me out. Working in my mum's old salon made it worse because people came in with the worst feet ever for pedicures.
41. Whats your favourite drink?
Water or a smoothie. Although I don't drink tap water in Dublin, nor do I drink river rock or ballygowen they're horrible. Volvic or Evian would do me just fine.
42. What book are you currently reading? "Just Words" 1 & 2 by Micheal E.Reid aka @JustMike_
43. What do you want to know about the future?
Nothing, mine is in God's hands, he has my best interest taken care of.
44. Have you already planned your wedding?
Nope, but I definitely do want to marry a soul that connects with me on an intension and passionate level.
45. Do people ever take you seriously?
A little too serious maybe. Apparently when people meet me for the first time I don't look friendly :( I'm the nicest person ever.
46. Why do you have a blog?
A friend of mine ( @RossDibenzi ) decided to add other writers to his blog and he told me to write for him, knowing I had a passion for it but never established a platform. So I did and people read my article then my mum and friends spent weeks telling me to start my own blog after years of telling me to write a book and I finally listened, so here we are.
47. How old are you?
48. What is the one thing you’ll never do again?
Eat a snail. Ew! They're a major phobia of mine. Right next to slugs and feet, yet Jaycee convinced me to taste one on our vacation in Belgium.
49. If you were the opposite gender. What name would you like to have?
Adam, Louie, Carter, or James
50. Which celebrity would you change lives with?
Oooh! Not all that glitters is gold but probably Meagan Good or Gabriella Union.
Alrighty, that’s all the questions there is. Hope you guys enjoyed that.
Lily Aliyah x